Della’s “Kitchen Sink” Spice Rub Grilled Lamb Chops
This recipe literally has just about the kitchen sink of spices thrown into the marinade. Served with Minted Cucumber, Avocado & Tomato Salad and char grilled broccoli spears.
- 8 Lamb Chops (1 inch thick)
- Spices: ¼ tsp of each (garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, dried basil, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, pepper)
- 1 TBS coconut aminos (or wheat-free tamari)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 TBS olive oil
- The zest and juice of ½ of a lemon
In a small bowl mix well together the spices with coconut aminos, mustard, olive oil and lemon zest and juice. Rinse lamb chops and dry well with paper towel. Lay lamb on sheet pan; using a spoon smear the spice rub on both sides. Cover with foil and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (do not go over 6 hours).
Minted Cucumber, Avocado and Tomato Salad
- 2 large cucumbers seeded and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 2 avocados cut into ½ chunks (cut up just before serving)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 TBS finely diced red onions
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- 4 TBS light olive oil
- Small bunch mint leaves finely minced (about 5 leaves)
Mix together all ingredients for dressing and toss with all vegetables except for avocado about an hour before serving. Just before serving gently fold in avocado.
Sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor!